Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Changes


WE HAVE WON!!! Obama won the presidency! He won by 7 million votes and 176 electoral votes! To every Republican out there, McCain ran a long and hard campaign, he was a good guy. To all you Democrats, Good Job! I commend anyone and everyone who voted, even for McCain. Your votes can change the world!

But now... the election that I held for my new poem! In third was "Life". In second was "Perceptions". And the winner was... "Changes"! So here it is:

How

What has become of my world
What has become of the leaders
What happened to the righteous
How could this have happened
Can the darkness be turned back
Or is it already too late?

This world of ours...
How did it become this
It was once great
When people cheered and freedom reigned
When war was gone and happiness prospered
Why is it gone; where did it go?!
Will I ever see the sun shine again?

My world is corrupt...
It's just a shadow of something great and mighty
How will we go back to the light
Who are we
What are we

Is there someone coming
Can he turn us around
How will he do it
Will my world see a brighter future
Will he give us a reason to smile
It won't be easy

Well let me tell you
Hope is Coming!
It's always darkest before the dawn
And the dawn is here
He is coming
The man who can change it
How is it possible...
IT IS

3 comments:

Angie Kelly Designs said...

Wow Joshie, how old are you again?? LOL Your little mind sure has been busy! What a beautiful poem! I'm glad I voted for it. Its so fitting for today and for what the future holds. And like your parents, I'm so excited for your future. As well as excited that all my small friends have the opportunity to make a difference. Forward march!! Whoot!

Hugs Joshie!!! ♥

Anonymous said...

Josh, I'm never ceased to be amazed by you and feel so blessed to spend each day with you. I know it won't always be this way; one day you'll go off and start your own life as an adult but for now, I cherish every day because it's shared with you.

Your poem was beautiful and moving, thank you so much for being you!

Rocki Adams said...

Josh - I have goosebumps on top of goosebumps! This truly is a BEAUtiful, heartfelt & inspiring poem. You amaze me with your youth, yet are so mature. You will go far my man.

Much love,
Rocki